Sign up to receive these devotions in your inbox daily!
* indicates required

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clogged Drains


While writing the last blog post, the Lord spoke to me about another lesson to be learned from our small kitchen flood.

Basically, the kitchen flooded because the faucets were running but the drain was clogged (with ice). The water had no place to go. It couldn't get where it needed to go because of a blockage.

Lately, I've been praying for the Lord to send more joy and peace into my life. I've been asking for Him to clarify His will for me, to help me to know without a doubt that I am where He wants me to be. I've begged and pleaded for Him to speak with me, to help me feel His presence. And I've been disappointed. I've found myself frustrated and aggravated, discouraged and depressed, unsure and confused, and at times, a little bitter.

Then, it hit me. Maybe there's a blockage. Perhaps my drain is clogged. Sure, I'm asking God for all these things, but I am listening for His answer? Is my heart prepared to receive His answer? It seems to me that the water's running, but it has no place to go. My job now is to unclog the drains. How? By making sure that my heart is right, that I've confessed my sin, that I have a tight reign on my attitude. If I want God's blessings on my life, I need to do my part.

Thank you, Lord, for using disasters in my life to teach me more about You and my relationship with You.

No comments: